A Cure for Wellness is a psychological horror thriller about a young executive who is sent to a mysterious rehabilitation centre in the Swiss Alps to bring back his company’s CEO. The film will be released on February 17, 2017.
There is a sickness inside us, rising like the bile that leaves that bitter taste at the back of our throats. It’s there in every one of you sitting around the table…
Now it’s time to work a little more on your English and build some language muscle…
You can take the quiz as many times as you wish, but please note that your results will be recorded in the leaderboard only once per hour, so if you want your new result to show in the leaderboard, you need to wait at least one hour before taking the quiz again.
0 of 1 questions completed
Ready to review your lesson? Good! Let’s start!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Not categorized 0%
Oops! The result is not very good, is it? 😉 Why don’t you review the lesson and try again?
Well… it’s certainly a good idea to review the lesson carefully again…
Not too bad… Practice a little more and try again soon!
That’s a good mark! Take a rest, have a little fun… and come back to this quiz again in a day or two, and see if you can improve your score…
Wow! Well-done! You can now be officially proud of yourself! You have earned it! (But if you want to be still happier, you can try again and see if you can get an even better score… 🙂
And they say perfection doesn’t exist… 😉
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Question 1 of 1
1. Question33 points
Go ahead! See how many of the blanks you can fill in. Then check your answers.
- Only when we know what ails us (can we) hope (to find a cure).
- What do you make of that?
Clearly he (has lost his mind).
(Our thoughts) exactly!
- We would like (you to go to) Switzerland and (bring) Mr Pembroke (back) to us.
- (What) we (offer) here is a process of purification, (away from) the pressures of (the modern World).
- You plan to take Mr Pembroke back with you...
Is that a problem?
He's a patient, not (a prisoner).
- You're here for the cure?
No, actually I was just leaving.
No-one (ever leaves).
- Welcome (back), Mr Lockhart... (Signs of) concussion... depleted immune system. I would like (to recommend) a treatment.
- (Think of it as) a cleansing of (the mind) as much as (the body). Some patients (experience) visions. But (rest assured), it's just the toxins (leaving) the system.
- There is a terrible darkness here...
That was two hundred years ago...
This (is happening) now!
- You said no-one (ever leaves) here. What (happens to) them?
- I saw the bodies!
(Listen to yourself). You're not a well man.
You're trying to make me (think) I'm (insane).
- What (is happening to) me?
- It's all (part of) the cure.
There is (no) cure!
- (Accept the diagnosis) and you will see... it's (wonderful) here.
Let’s work a little on a couple of language points:
- Look at this sentence from the trailer:
There is no cure!
How would you rewrite this sentence if you wanted to use “not” instead of “no”?
- Let’s compare the pronunciation of the following similar-looking words:
Yes, the have very different pronunciations!
Time to work on your communication skills by making comments, discussing the post, and interacting with others:
- What is your favourite film genre?
- What do you think of A Cure for Wellness based on the trailer you have watched? Would you like to watch this film when it is released?
- As usual, if you have any other questions about this post, if there is something you don’t understand, don’t hesitate to ask.