A “life hack” is any trick, shortcut, skill, technique or novelty method that allows you to manage your time and daily activities in a more efficient way.
Here I have a little life-saving hack for you, which is even more important now with more and more people working from home:
Get into a routine of working in short time-slots punctuated with super-short stretching/relaxation intervals! :
Here is a practical 20-minute work-cycle I have thought up:
- Set your mobile phone’s timer to 15 minutes.
- Start working.
- When the alarm goes off, stop working and “leave” your work station. You now have 5 minutes to unwind, physically and mentally:
- Stand straight, raise your arms and stretch them upwards as much as possible, stretch your back muscles as much as you can, reach higher and higher.
- Stop stretching, relax, close your eyes, take a deep breath, open your eyes, look out of the window, smile…
- Get your timer running and start the next work cycle.
What do you think of my hack? Do you do something similar already? What are your “hacks” for working more efficiently from home?